Skip to content ↓

DBS Checks

Disclosure and Barring Service

If you are considering helping in school you will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly the CRB). If you have obtained a DBS certificate since September 2013 and registered with the update service you will need to bring the original certificate into school for it to be checked.  Earlier disclosures obtained elsewhere are not transferable and you will need one to be completed via the school.

The initial application can be completed online at using the school’s reference: 9363059, password: standrews to log on. You will then need to visit school in person to complete the i.d. process with the HR officer. The whole process can be completed in school if you prefer, please contact the school office to make an appointment.

The complete list of documents that may be accepted as proof of your identity, along with information on the number and types required can be found below. If you cannot supply these documents then please ask the HR officer for alternatives.

  1. You must provide original documentation only; photocopies or documentation printed from the internet e.g. internet bank statements will not be accepted.
  2. At least one document must confirm your current name - remember to also provide documentation to support any name changes e.g. Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate
  3. At least one document must confirm your date of birth
  4. At least one document must confirm your current address and documentation covering your previous five year address history may also be requested.

List of Valid Identity Documents

Group 1 – Primary Trusted Identity Credentials´╗┐´╗┐

Current Valid Passport

  • Current Driving Licence (UK) (full or provisional) - England/ Wales/ Scotland/ Northern Ireland/ Isle of Man; Photocard Type only (a photo card is only valid if the applicant presents it together with the paper counterpart of the licence; except Jersey)

Biometric Residence Permit (UK)

  • Birth Certificate (UK & Channel Islands) - issued at time of birth - fullor short form acceptable including those issued by UK authorities overseas, such as Embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces

Group 2a – Trusted Government/State Issued Documents

  • Current UK Driving Licence (Old Style Paper)
  • Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (UK & Channel Islands)
  • HM Forces ID Card (UK)
  • Current Non-UK Photo Driving Licence(can be used up to 12 months from the datethe applicant entered the UK but may alsobe used to verify the identity for individualsprior to arriving in the UK).
  • Birth Certificate UK & Channel Islands
  • (issued after time of birth)
  • Adoption Certificate (UK & Channel Islands)
  • Fire Arms Licence (UK & Channel Islands)

Group 2b – Financial/Social History Documents

  • Credit Card Statement * (UK or EEA)
  • Utility Bill * (UK) Not mobile telephone
  • Document from Central/Local Government/Government Agency / Local Authority giving
  • entitlement (UK) *: e.g. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, Customs & Revenue, Job Centre, Job Centre Plus, Social Security
  • Mortgage Statement **
  • P45 / P60 Statement (UK) **
  • Bank / Building Society Account
  • Opening Confirmation Letter (UK)
  • Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK & Channel Islands)
  • Bank/Building Society Statement * (UK or EEA)
  • Benefit Statement * - e.g. Child Allowance, Pension
  • Financial Statement ** - e.g. pension, endowment, ISA (UK)
  • Council Tax Statement (UK& Channel Islands) **
  • Work Permit/Visa UK (valid up to the expiry date) **
  • EU National ID Card
  • Letter of Sponsorship from future employment provider (Non-UK/Non-EEA only) – Valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at time of application

Please note:
If a document in the List of Valid Identity Documents is
Denoted with it should be less than 3 months old.
Denoted with ** it should be less than 12 months old.
Not denoted with an asterisk it can be more than 12 months old.