PUPIL VOICE at St Andrew’s
At St Andrew’s CE Primary School, we believe pupils’ opinions and ideas matter. It is important to our school ethos that pupils should have the opportunity to share their ideas and that they are prepared to find their full voice in the world; these are some of the ways that we do this:
- Y6 pupils have the opportunity to take on leadership roles such as captains of school teams; house captains; prefects; play mentors; as well as opportunities with each class.
- Through the curriculum we offer opportunities for pupils to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding when using their pupil voice.
- We use questionnaires linked to different areas of school life e.g. RE, Collective Worship, Maths.
- We also show we value pupil voice interviews during such opportunities as Governors’ Learning Walks, school advisor inspections and Audits
- Pupils have regular opportunities to discuss issues that may arise through Circle time, RE and PSHE.
- School Council representatives/Eco representatives/Maths Advocates
- Pupils having a great idea and sharing it with staff.