PE & Sports Grant
St Andrew’s Primary School has received £9,278 PE & Sports Grant for the academic year 2014-2015. This grant is to be spent on improving the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of all pupils registered at the school so that all pupils develop a healthy competitive attitude, healthy lifestyles and access to a wider range of sports.
Within St Andrew’s we are funding the following: -
- Continued professional development of staff e.g. training up more teachers as swimming teachers and lifeguards.
- The use of Elm Sports within activity hour to deliver high quality PE lessons.
- Continued professional development of staff through shadowing Elm Sport coaches within curriculum time.
- The introduction of a new house system.
- Additional extra curricular opportunities.
To monitor these initaitives we will be doing the following: -
- Information from Activity Hour questionaires
- Pupil voice quotes
- Parental comments re PE and extra-currciular opportunities
- Results in competition compared to previous years.